Croeso i Criw Cymraeg!
Criw Cymraeg are children from each year group, selected by the teachers (following a full interview process), in an aim to encourage the use of Welsh around the school.
Patrwm Yr Wythnos
(Pattern of the Week)
Esgusodwch fiExcuse me
Gwobr Efydd Siarter Iaith
(Bronze Award Welsh Language Charter)
We are proud to have achieved the Bronze Award in the Welsh Language Charter for primary schools. We believe children now have the opportunity to speak and enjoy Welsh during every part of their school day. Criw Cymraeg will be very busy supporting pupils and staff to meet the challenges of the Bronze Award.
Here are some of the things we do to support the development of Welsh in our school:
- We lead a Welsh service for all of the school every Monday.
- We sing songs in Welsh,sometimes traditional hymns and sometimes lively songs like ‘Pen, Ysgwyddau, Coesau, Traed,’ and ‘Byd i Gyd.’
- We are proud to sing our national anthem “Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau” and encourage every class to do so at the end of the day.
- We help teach Patrwm Yr Wythnos. We post it on SeeSaw to share with parents and carers.
- We lead the children in saying our Welsh prayer.
- We encourage the use of Welsh in class.
Ein flwyddyn ardderchog a brysur
(Our Amazing and busy year in 2019)
- Attended the Jambori.
- Delivered school services all about Santes Dwynwen (Welsh equivalent of St. Valentine) and Beth-Gellert.
- Proudly organised, hosted and compered our school Eisteddfod.
Why is learning Welsh important?
Why not practice your Welsh by clicking onto these links to watch stories and play games?
Gwisgo Tedi – Play games and sing a song to get teddy ready for bed
Tywod – Make sandcastles and sing a song
Teithio – Trains, songs, shapes, colours in Welsh
Y Fferm – Songs, animals, colours, numbers in Welsh
Or download these apps…